Lots more great pitching this week, a bunch of close games and a 2-2-1 record for the week. The Dragons were unable to come up with a win at Jingu early in the week against the Swallows. Yakult has been the team that has given Chunichi the most trouble so far this season. Chunichi has a 1-4-1 record against them so far this year. The Dragons, unsurprisingly, faired better against the BayStars, taking the first two games of the series, with one yet to be played Monday at the Nagoya Dome.
- Shinji Iwata capped off a week of solid starting pitching performances with 7 innings of 2-hit ball and 12 strikeouts against Yokohama on Sunday.
- Lots of injury news: Masahiko Morino is currently out with back/oblique muscle issues. Takeshi Yamasaki and Kei Nomoto have been missing time while suffering from the flu. Kenshin Kawakami and Maximo Nelson have looked good in rehab work and should be returning to ichi-gun soon. Nelson's velocity was hitting 150km in a ni-gun relief outing this week.
- Tony Blanco and Victor Diaz were recalled from ni-gun to replace Yamasaki and Nomoto. Blanco had a hit in each of the first three games he played this week, including a home run against Yokohama. No hits on Sunday, but he hit the ball hard twice, walked and struck out in his four plate appearances.
- Shuhei Takahashi was recalled and is expected to see some time at third while Morino is out. He had a pinch-hit appearance on Sunday and walked on four pitches.
- Shinji Tajima's scoreless innings streak is now at 18. Jorge Sosa, also in the pen, has yet to give up a run in 9 innings of work.