The Dragons play all six games this coming week at home, starting with three against Yomiuri, followed by three more against DeNA.
- Former Dragons player and current ni-gun pitching coach Mitsuo Inaba passed away suddenly on August 11th due to a brain hemorrhage, he was 63 years old. Yakyubaka has more details. Also a memorial post from Japanese Baseball Cards.
- Takuya Asao, rehabbing from his injury, pitched an inning at ni-gun August 12 against the Carp. He picked up the save in the game and gave up no runs despite giving up a hit and walking two batters.
- Enyelbert Soto was forced to leave his start early against the Carp after experiencing pain in his hamstring. He has since been taken off of the active roster, but I doubt he will miss too much time.
- Maximo Nelson struggled in his relief appearance Saturday night. He gave up 3 earned runs on two hits and two walks while only recording one out. He could probably use some time down down at ni-gun to get things in order. He hasn't been able to get into much of a routine so far this season with all of his injury problems.
- Shuhei Takahashi, an alum of Tokai Daiguaku Kofu High School, homered in the Dragons game against DeNA at Kofu. It looks like Kofu must have a very small stadium as the game attendance that night was only 8.970.